Friday, April 19, 2024

Recommended reading

Spotted these recommendations:

old-style landscape painting

What books, podcasts, or other media would you recommend to anyone interested in philosophy?
I recommend the “Crisis and Critique” podcast, hosted by Agon Hamza and Frank Ruda, available on YouTube and Spotify. Likewise, I love the many lectures uploaded onto the “European Graduate School Video Lectures” YouTube channel. In my recommendations, I also include Marc Nichanian’s work for anyone interested in the philosophy of history, genocide, and memory. I also like Gillian Rose’s Love’s Work as well as Cathy Caruth’s and Rebecca Comay’s books. Finally, in what is a time of emergency on every level, I suggest that students (and teachers) read Walter Benjamin’s essay “The Life of Students.”

“Why Philosophy?” Veronika Z. Nayir is interviewed by Céline Leboeuf. This interview of Veronika Z. Nayir was first published at Why Philosophy? Appearing on the Daily Nous on April 9, 2024.

And:

What's on your to-read and/or to-watch stack?
My to-read list is long. It includes Praiseworthy by Alexis Wright, Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, Witches by Brenda Lozano, Eternal Audience of One by Rémy Ngamije, The Coin by Yasmin Zaher, Slow Down: The Degrowth Manifesto by Kōhei Saitō, Wandering Stars by Tommy Orange, The Story Game by Shze-Hui Tjoa, and Catalina by Karla Cornejo Villavicencio. I still haven't read The Autobiography of Malcolm X, so I want to read it this summer and feel hopeful about societal change. On my to-watch list is Dario Argento's filmography.

Wendy C. Ortiz interviewing Ursula Villarreal-Moura, Mommy's El Camino, March 21, 2024

No comments: